Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Houses






Houses

This morning I am starting a series on old houses around Newfoundland and Labrador Since houses is one of my favourite photographic subjects, I have shared many since starting my Photo of the Day nearly ten years ago. There are also many on my Blog already. However, since there have been quite a few new subscribers to my list since my last series in 2010, I don't mind another. My apologies if I duplicate some of the images from previous posts.

While visiting the town of Cupids in the early 80s, I photographed an old house that looked like it hadn't been lived in for quite a while. The second image shows how it looked in the spring of 2004. When I last drove by there in 2010, I saw that it had been fixed up. There is a sign over the door that says, Diamond in the Rough. I did take many more photos of this house over the years, but they were taken with slide film and haven't been scanned yet.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...