Thursday, July 07, 2011

Villefranche 1

Nikon Coolpix

Canon Rebel XTi

Nikon Coolpix

Canon Rebel XTi

Nikon Coolpix

Canon Rebel XTi


Nikon Coolpix

Canon Rebel XTi

Villefranche 1

I will return to photos of Barcelona in a couple of weeks. I have many more photos of the architecture and a the inside of couple of churches that I want to share with you. However, I think it is time to share some photos of the other places in Europe that we visited.

Our first port of call on the Mediterranean cruise was Villefranche. This is a beautiful city located on the French Riviera or Côte d' azur in the southeast corner of France. Apparently celebrities such as Tina Turner, Elton John, Bill Gates and Bono have homes in this area. Nearby cities of Nice, Cannes and the independent state of Monte Carlo are well known around the world. My wife and I spent a couple of hours exploring Villefranche before taking a tour to Monte Carlo and I will share photos of both places over the next few days.

The first photo this morning was taken from Deck 12 of our cruise ship, the Brilliance of the Seas, and shows part of the city as we approached the harbour. There is nowhere to dock cruise ships in this city so we were "tendered" ashore in smaller boats. On shore we followed a couple of narrow streets and explored the "Old Town" for a while. The other photos show a couple of secluded streets before the crowds found their way to this part of the city. I was pleased that I was able to make a few photos of the streets before they became too crowded.

Since this was my first day away from Barcelona and I hadn't heard or read anything about pickpockets or crime there, I decided to take all my camera gear with me. Because I still wasn't sure how good the photos with my new Nikon were, I decided to make similar photos with both cameras and compare the results when I got home. I've identified photos taken with each camera (above) and you will see there is a difference. The compositions are not exactly the same but you should get some idea of the differences. I'll compare a few more in tomorrow's post.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...