Sunday, November 28, 2010

People near the Sea 5





This will be the last in my People near the Sea Series for a while. I will probably return to this theme again in the future because I still have lots to share.

Today's images were taken on beaches during my travels to Massachusetts, Hawaii and Florida. The first photo was taken on a beach near Gloucester, Cape Anne. I was in Boston on business for a few days and travelled around the area when my meetings were finished. The beach was very long and many people were swimming in the ocean, which rarely gets above 15°C (65°F). Of course that is a lot warmer than the ocean around Newfoundland and Labrador.

The young lady sunbathing on Waikiki Beach in Hawaii was the only person visible on the entire beach as the sun rose my first morning there in 1980. Like me, she may have been a visitor whose internal clock was off because of the difference in time zones. I believe it was 7.5 hours difference between Hawaii and Newfoundland and Labrador and I was up very early.

The beach in Bonita Springs, Florida was very busy and I stopped to photograph a family building a sand castle, a common sight on beaches I have visited over the years. The next two photos were also taken in Florida. I couldn't resist taking photos of people walking on the beach on a foggy day. Usually you won't see many people strolling on a beach on a foggy day here in Newfoundland and Labrador.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...