Wednesday, November 03, 2010

200 - 7






When I photographed the purple flowers near Badger in Central Newfoundland, I didn't recognize them and wondered if the flowers were purple loosestrife, plants that were invading several US states. When I checked my identification books it was confirmed. Until I photographed them, I didn't know we had that plant growing in Newfoundland and Labrador.

At Ross Farm, a living museum in Nova Scotia, they make their own lumber and I photographed quite a bit that was covered by a large tarpaulin. The photo of the loom was also taken at Ross Farms, where they also make their own clothes. Unlike the photo of a loom from L'Anse aux Meadows I shared earlier in this series, the strands of wool are predominantly white. While the image is not as colourful, I still like the texture and lines in this image.



No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...