Tuesday, November 23, 2010





This will be the last in the Seascape Series, however, for the next few days I plan to share photographs of People near the Sea, a related theme. Recently I received an email from a person in the USA who said there seemed to be a lack of photographs on the Internet that show people in Newfoundland and Labrador. I shoot many candid photographs of people going about their daily activities and will share a few of these.

Today's photos were taken along Marine Drive, a scenic drive through several communities on the Northeast Avalon. The first photo was taken in Flatrock, a place I have photographed numerous times. The town gets its name from the sedimentary rocks that surround the town.

Logy Bay is another place I have photographed numerous times because of the steep cliffs and rough seas. Quite often, icebergs end up in this bay which adds a different element to the photographs.

The third photo was taken in Middle Cove. In fact, I photograph the waves crashing against the cliffs every time I go there,

I still have many seascape photos and I will return to this theme from time to time. If you want to see more, feel free to check my Seascapes Galleries at: http://www.lanephotography.com/seascapes/seascapes.htm

All Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs andphotographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide showsand/orwallpapers/scree

1 comment:

Veen said...

Beautiful! There is a lovely stretch of coastal road in Victoria, Australia called the Great Ocean Road which has similiar landscape.

BTW, great blog and pictures.

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...