Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Seascapes 4






Today's photos show waves breaking on and near the shore. You may be able to imagine how cold it was while I was taking these photos, but in my memory I can feel the cold and hear the sounds of wind and crashing waves, and how excited I was to be able to make images of such beauty.

The waves were breaking just off the shoreline and, despite the cool, spring winds, they still enticed people to surf in New Melbourne, Trinity Bay. I photographed a lone surfer riding the waves there, but that's a theme for another day.

I've often photographed the waves crashing against the rocks in Middle Cove. There was quite a sea surge there when I made the second image in the early morning light a few years ago.

There's still a little snow along the cliffs in Logy Bay, not far from the Marine Centre. Again, today's photos show that waves hit our shorelines with lots of force, constantly wearing them down over eons of time.


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...