Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Apples









I arrived back in Newfoundland and Labrador late Sunday night. We left the day after Hurricane Igor wreaked havoc on the island portion of our province. Here in Holyrood we had little or no damage unlike towns on the Burin and Bonavista Peninsulas which were devastated. In case you are not aware, the military were called in to help with the clean-up and rebuilding of roads and bridges that were washed out and I think that there are around 900 soldiers on the ground today.

The Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia is famous for its apples and I stopped at a farmer's market to make photographs of apples that could be used for backgrounds. Today's photos show a variety of red apples including: macintosh, honey crisp and gravensteins. Some of the images were taken outside and others were taken inside. Of course we purchased a few of the fresh, delicious apples to bring back to Newfoundland.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...