Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lilies







This year I planted lilies which only bloomed for a day or two at the most. The flowers were very pretty but didn't last very long. The lilies shown in today's photographs were taken in Wilcox Garden in Brigus in late July. They had several different varieties of lilies growing in their flower gardens.

I used my 28-80 mm lens to make photographs of nearly every variety of flower and plant that were growing there. This lens allowed me to get fairly close to the flowers and since it wasn't too windy, the blooms weren't moving much, making it easier to focus. The very close views were cropped from larger images. I really like the colours, shapes and textures in the macro views of the stamen - the reproductive parts of the lilies.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...