Monday, September 06, 2010

Gray Jay






It's only in recent years that I have observed gray jays in Holyrood, though they were common in Central Newfoundland when I was a kid. Gray jays are much quieter and less skittish than the blue jays that also live here year round. This summer a family (parents and 4 young birds) of them have been around my property and they are becoming quite tame.

A few days ago, I saw a couple of them on a bush near my deck and when I observed them with my camera, I realized they were eating blueberries, in fact one of them almost posed for me with a blueberry in its beak. Today's photos were taken with my new 70-300 mm lens and cropped from the originals.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...