Friday, February 05, 2010

Wood






I was surprised at the large number of positive responses to yesterday's photos of reflections in the still waters of Main Beach Pond. I shoot quite a few photos of Reflections and will have to find a few more to share with you.

A couple of weeks ago I walked through a cutover behind my property and made abstract photographs of dead trees. I liked the lines, shadows and textures of the wooden remnants of once-living trees as they slowly rot and return nutrients to the forest floor. The lighting at that time of the day, around 4 in the afternoon, was just beginning to take on the orange tones of the setting sun.

1 comment:

bearkat said...

Bruce,
I don't always leave comments, but I always look forward to seeing your photo of the day!
Thanks and enjoy your weekend.
Yes, reflection pictures are pretty neat!!

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...