Friday, February 26, 2010

New Orleans






I visited New Orleans on business in the early 1990's and took a few photos around the city. Because I worked during the days I was there, I didn't get an opportunity to take as many photos as I would have liked. I had a few slides scanned several years ago and will scan (and share) the remainder of them when I get to slides I took in the 90s - I am still scanning slides I took in 1981.

The first photo shows a building with a balcony and windows with shutters. I think they would need air conditioning in Louisiana but the AC unit bothered me enough that I considered not taking the shot. The second is a view of a row of buildings on a side street and the third shows the bottom of a pole with a hand-written message written on it. The fourth image shows a tour boat getting ready to travel up river and the last shows a balcony with fancy wrought-iron railings. I guess the number of tourists to this area has dropped since Hurricane Katrina.


No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...