Sunday, February 21, 2010

Boats 2





Today I chose photos of boats with nice reflections. The first was taken in Green's Harbour, Trinity Bay. This town is located on the Baccalieu Trail, which I have referred to often on my Photo of the Day.

There was just enough breeze to make tiny ripples on the harbour in Winterton, Trinity Bay. This community is also located along the Baccalieu Trail and is my mother's home town. I have visited Winterton many times and have many fond memories of spending time with my relatives there.

A very large yacht, the ONIKA, just happened to be visiting the Corner Brook area and I photographed it as the sun rose over the hills to the east. We were visiting friends who had a boat there at the time, and, as usual, I arose early, took my camera and walked around photographing the marina in the early morning light.
Trout River is located near the Tablelands in Gros Morne National Park. The boats are tied up along the river which runs along the steep cliff which provides protection from the ocean.

The last photo shows a tiny harbour in the Twillingate area. I normally photograph the signs as I enter a community and the one nearest this says it is Salt Harbour. However, I remember there was a sign or two I missed for some strange reason. If anyone visiting this Blog can tell me if this is Salt Harbour, or a neighbouring community, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

These photos show very calm days - the kind of day I drive to a community, make photographs, then drive to the next, make more images, and so on, until I run out of light.

If you are interested in seeing more photos of Boats feel free to check my Galleries at: http://www.lanephotography.com/boats/boats.htm



No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...