Monday, February 08, 2010

Red Shouldered Hawk






Florida has its own species of red shouldered hawk and I have photographed several of them on my visites there. Today's photos have been cropped from original images. Each time I visited Citrus Park, I have seen red shouldered hawks in trees, on poles and in flight and have been able to make decent photos with my 70-300 mm lens.

We have several species of hawks around here, but I have never been able to capture photos of them. Any time I see one, it is usually flying away. The only time one hung around here was when I had hens and ducks - but even though it killed a hen, it was gone before I could get my camera.

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...