Saturday, November 29, 2008

Flowers




Today's photos show three different angles of a vase of flowers that are made from glass. The examples illustrate how changing the angle of view affects the image that you will make at the "decisive moment" you choose to press the shutter. I often comment about taking many photos of the same subject and today's images show examples of the type of approach I take when making photographs.

In the first photo you can see that one of the flowers is nearly black, but in the other two you can see more colours. By moving just a little to my right, I saw more detail in the flowers. In the final image the light was nearly behind me. You can see reflections of the windows in the flowers. The colours in this view are much brighter.

Today's lesson: Move around your subject and photograph the views you like. Try moving closer or farther away. Experiment by taking a few photos of things in your home.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...