Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ducks



In Florida I photograph just about every bird I see because they would be "rare birds" in Newfoundland and Labrador. Here at home, I also try to photograph as many birds as possible so when I saw a family of ducks feeding along the beach in Chapel's Cove I made over 200 images before they flew away.

Usually, people take local birds and animals for granted because they are fairly common. Because of my interest in photography, I have learned NOT to take local animals for granted and photograph all animals and birds when opportunities arise.

The first two images show a mother and two ducklings. It looks as though the mother is keeping watch over her offspring. I liked the way the heads (and eyes) of the ducklings were in the same position - almost like they were feeding in unison.

These are wild ducks but I am not certain of the species. They aren't very colourful, but there is a bluish patch on it's wings

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...