Thursday, June 28, 2007

Textures

A different view of icebergs today. I shoot a lot of close-ups when I am near an iceberg. The texture of ice makes interesting images. On Sunday, I tried a few b&w images that I am sharing today.

In the first image you will notice a black spot in the bottom right of the image. This is a great black-backed seagull, the largest we have around this area. It is more than 2 feet high so you can get an idea of how large the iceberg really is. I also liked the little arch in the second photo. The last image is a little dark - by shooting directly into the bright ice the shadows were darkened.






No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...