Monday, June 18, 2007

Fort Amhearst

Yesterday was another beautiful sunny day here on the Avalon Peninsula.
Today's photo of Fort Amhearst was taken from Signal Hill yesterday afternoon. During the war, the concrete structures located below the lighthouse housed cannons to protect the entrance to the harbour.


The second image shows two people sitting on the cliffs of Signal Hill enjoying a day looking out over the North Atlantic Ocean. There were thousands of people on Signal Hill yesterday.

Some people have begun to leave comments on my Photo of the Day Blog. I apologize, but I haven't had time to respond to those comments. However, despite the fact that I seldom answer them, if you prefer to leave comments that anyone in the world can read, feel free to start comment threads on my blog at
www.kbrucelane.blogspot.com.




No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...