Friday, February 09, 2007

Boats in Holyrood

I moved to Holyrood in 1982 and have been taking photos around the town since that time. Today I am sending 3 photos taken in the mid- 1980s. The originals were taken with colour slide film, but because they were taken in winter and had little colour, I converted them to black and white.

There are quite a few people on my list from Holyrood so they will notice that some things have changed, especially in the first photo. The wharf in the background is no longer in existence. If I remember correctly, it fell into a state of disrepair and eventually was dismantled because of safety concerns.

I don't remember the exact date or even the year. That's another reason why digital photos are great - I can look at the data and find out the exact date and time that each photo was taken.





No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...