Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bald Eagles in Holyrood

I saw two eagles soaring overhead when I was photographing snow scenes a couple of days ago. They were fairly high up but I tried to capture them in flight. In the first image, I was taking photos as it flew overhead and was lucky to get one with a little blue sky. The second eagle may have been curious because it soared directly overhead several times but I could only get photos with a bright grey background. Because the background was so bright, the bird is almost a silhouette.

I used my 100-300 mm zoom lens to take both photos and that allowed me to get a closer view, but the images I am sending today were cropped from the originals. : )




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...