Monday, January 01, 2007

Winter Trees

The ice-covered branches of a larch tree make an interesting photographic subject. I used my 70-300 mm lens at maximum zoom to get these close views. You can see a hint of the rainbow effect (shown in the photos sent over the last two days) in the clouds of each image.

Today's photos fit into the theme for my Photo of the Day - EVERYTHING'S A PICTURE. I took seven different photos of this ice-covered tree. (Normally, I would take more, but it was cold and my camera battery was running low.) The colours, shapes, texture, and lighting in this scene captured my attention, and through the magic of digital photography, I can share what I saw with you.



No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...