Friday, January 05, 2007

Buildings

I haven't sent photos of old buildings for a while. The house in today's first photo looks like it has been abandoned for quite a while and may be about to fall down. I have photographed many houses in this state of disrepair and suspect many of them are gone forever. I always wonder about the stories these houses could tell if it were possible.

The large barn is also badly in need of maintenance. In fact it may be too late for this one, located in Moore's Cove, Notre Dame Bay.

Years ago when the first digital cameras were first on the market (low quality) I photographed a house and barn in Colliers and wrote similar feelings about them. After I created a web site, I started receiving emails from members of a family who once lived there. If you are interested in the photos and stories feel free to visit http://www.stemnet.nf.ca/~blane/transitn.htm.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...