Sunday, October 25, 2020

Downy Woodpeckers








Downy Woodpeckers

The photos I am sharing today were taken in Florida, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador.  I had never seen one in Florida before and was surprised to spot one in a tree next to the road I was walking on.  It didn't fly away, but instead flitted from branch to branch while I took a few photos.  

In Nova Scotia, it was hiding seeds it had gathered at a bird feeder.  In Newfoundland, a downy woodpecker flew into my son's window and knocked itself out.  I took a few photos as it sat on the ground, dazed but still very much alive.

You can view my Downy Woodpeckers Facebook Album here ...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10157442397410329&type=3

Feel free to share! 

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook:


 

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...