Sunday, July 21, 2013

Trouty 2

 



 Trouty 2

I've been away for the past few days on a photo shoot on the Bonavista Peninsula.  Over the next while I will share photos taken in the communities I visited along the way to Cape Bonavista.
Since the last community I visited was Trouty in Trinity Bay, I thought I would start this new series with images from that community.  This morning I am sharing 4 photos showing how the community has changed over the past 30 years.

The first two photos were taken from approximately the same angle and the changes are dramatic: the steeple of the church is different and there is only one building in the foreground is still there.  The second two were taken while looking down river towards the ocean. They were taken from different angles, but you can see that there are no fishing stages left on the banks of the river. 

Feel free to check my updated Trouty Gallery with 35 photos from 1982, 2003 and 2013 - http://www.lanephotography.com/trouty/trouty.htm

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...