Friday, March 30, 2012

Philipsburg











Philipsburg

Our tour ended in Philipsburg, the Dutch capital of the island of St. Maarten. Because we had been on the go for nearly 4 hours, we decided to return to the Navigator of the Seas and freshen up a bit before exploring that city. The Windjammer, the buffet restaurant, was open and we enjoyed a leisurely lunch after which it was off to Philipsburg for a couple of hours. Today's photos were taken during my walk from the port to the beach, a 20 minute walk for me because I was taking photographs.

Before leaving the ship I photographed a couple of sailboats were making their way towards the beach. Then I walked past a few of the shops located just outside security on the dock. As I walked along the sidewalk towards the beach, I made a few photos of the volcanic cliffs across the street. In one image are were several goats feeding among the trees. While making a photo of a bridge that took me to the beach, a lady walked into the scene adding a more interest to the image.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...