Wednesday, March 21, 2012

American Anhinga







Anhinga

I've been lucky enough to photograph American anhingas in Citrus Park on several occasions. I've learned that when they are drying their wings they are approachable if you move very, very slowly. I've been able to get pretty close to them as you can see from today's images. I was lucky to see one that had just come out of the water with a fish on it's beak. It was very dull and hard to focus with my 300 mm lens so I used my new Nikon to shoot a video sequence which I may share later.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...