Friday, March 16, 2012

Great Egret





Great Egret

After my 1-2 hour walk in the morning, I usually drove around in a golf cart hoping to see something to photograph. One morning I stopped to watch a great egret hunting in a nearby ditch. It was a little hesitant about me parking less than 10 feet away but after a few minutes it ignored me completely and continued fishing. Since you can see a small fish in its beak in the second-last photo you can tell that it was successful. I assume it would take quite a few fish that size to fill this large bird.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...