Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Colours 5





The leaves of the northern wild raisin were very red last weekend and, like other photos I shared this week, shooting with the sun behind them makes images with interesting lighting and textures.

I am sharing three photos this morning to illustrate how each image is different even though they are the same subject. I decided to shoot a wide view of a group of leaves, then moved closer which emphasized the largest one. Then I moved closer still and chose to shoot a vertical image.

You will notice a little lens flare in the third image. This often happens when you are shooting towards the sun. I usually hold my hand near the lens to avoid this, but in this case, I didn't notice the flare until I downloaded the photo.

This is the last in my Fall Colours series.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...