Friday, April 04, 2008

Boats

I have been photographing boats of Newfoundland and Labrador for nearly 40 years and have quite a large selection of images that few people see. As a result, I updated my Boats Gallery this morning and plan to add more over the next while. I will keep you informed through my Photo of the Day.

The two photos I chose this morning were taken in Summerford, Bonavista Bay in March, 2004. I believe the numbers on the boats are similar to licence plates and refer to a fishing licence. You will see these numbers on many of my boat images.

I also like looking at the names that owners have given to their boats. The second photo has a map of the island portion of our province with the words, "A Piece of the Rock".

Feel free to check my updated Boats Gallery at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/boats/boats.htm

You can also check my Boats of Battle Harbour Gallery: http://www.lanephotography.com/battle_harbour/boats_stages/battle_harbour_bs.htm



No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...