Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mysterious Figure

Many people in Newfoundland and Labrador build mounds of rocks on top of hills. I think the main reason they do this is to make markers so they can find their way easier. The mound of rocks in today's Photo of the Day is quite high - about the height of an adult man. I am certain that it can be seen from quite a distance on the barrens near the Witless Bay Line.

The photos are dark because I was shooting into the bright clouds. I focused and metered off the "figure" and fooled the camera into thinking it was very bright. This caused the figure and land to be dark in the photos.

I tried three different angles - the figure standing alone on the hill, the figure, slightly out of focus and the branch of a tree in focus, and finally a closer view of the tree branch and the figure. I find all three shots to be mysterious because of the lighting and subject.


No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...