Sunday, June 02, 2024

Garbage Along the Roads










Garbage Along the Roads

Last week, my son and I picked up garbage in the ditches near our two houses. When done, we had 2 garbage bags full!! It is unbelievable that people driving along the highways of our province just throw their garbage out of their cars. And, it is not kids who are doing it! Beer cans, coffee cups, pop cans, water bottles, fast food containers and bags, juice boxes, cigarette butts, plastic cutlury and MUCH more. It is sad to see so much garbage along the sides of our highways. It is not necessary!

There is a simple solution to this - LEAVE YOUR GARBAGE IN YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL YOU GET HOME!!! THEN YOU CAN MAKE A CHOICE - THROW IT IN YOUR OWN DRIVEWAY, OR BETTER YET, PUT IT IN YOUR OWN GARBAGE CONTAINER AT HOME!!!

In 2019. I took photos of the garbage in a distance of 1 km along the Salmonier Line in Holyrood. I created an album with over 300 photos that will give you an idea of what was in the ditch on each side of the road. It is sickening!

You can view the album here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10157849095865329&type=3

Feel Free to Share!

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook:



 

No comments:

Jamaica

Jamaica  Falmouth, Jamaica was one of our stops on a 2016 Caribbean Cruise aboard the Oasis of the Seas and I took quite a few pictures arou...