Sunday, January 01, 2023

Photo of the Day

 


Photo of the Day

It was twenty years ago today that I sent my first e-mail Photo of the Day to a few family and friends. However, it soon started to grow and the more people shared them, the more people requested to be added to my email list. There were close to 750 people at one point. Around 10 years ago, email servers started to control SPAM, and because I had so many people on my list, they thought I was mass-mailing SPAM and my emails started to bounce back. I subdivided the list into 5 separate lists and that worked for a while, but after a while, they also started to get blocked. It came to the point that I wasn't sure if anyone even received them anymore, so I gave up emailing my Photo of the Day.

I started my Photo of the Day Blog in the summer of 2006 and have been adding photos to it daily since then. Many people on my list were already on Facebook so I started sharing my Photo of the Day there and have been sharing my Photo of the Day there as well. 

I thought about giving it up totally, but it has become part of my day so I will continue, at least until I grow tired of it.

The theme of my photo of the Day is - Everything's a Picture!

Happy New Year! 











No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...