Thursday, February 24, 2022

Sunflowers










Sunflowers

This summer, I was surprised and happy that a bunch of sunflowers grew among my vegetables even though I didn't plant them.  I assume the crows and/or blue jays planted the seeds for me.  I also enjoyed taking pictures of these beautiful flowers, especially when bees and other insects were on them. Next summer, I plan to plant a whole garden of sunflowers!!

It is late February and we have no snow on the ground - it is 5°C (40°F) here this morning - and I could be turning the soil in my gardens if I wanted.  It's been a weird winter!

You can view the sunflower images from my yard here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4849539141740864&type=3.

Feel free to share


 

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...