Sunday, March 22, 2020

Splitting Fish







Splitting Fish

When I was a young boy, I often watched men splitting fish on stage heads in Winterton.  Being from the central part of the island, it was so different for me.  I remember being amazed at how fast they could fillet a codfish.  They threw the guts into the water where we fished for tom cods and connors for hours at a time.

Today's photos were taken in Whiteway in September 2015.  I saw activity on the wharf so I stopped to take a few photos.  I photographed the fishermen splitting fish and got a few close views of hands at work!  

Feel free to share with family and friends.



No comments:

Churches

Churches I am presently adding photos to my Churches 3 Facebook album on my Communities and Culture Page. Wherever I go, I photograph church...