Thursday, February 18, 2016

American White Pelican 3










American White Pelican 3
 
I photographed white pelicans on Sanibel Island, Florida and today I have shared photos of  a few of these large birds landing in the shallow water.  I found it interesting how they slowed themselves down then landed with their feet extended causing them to slow down as they settled into the water.
 

The white pelican is one of the largest birds in North America and winters in southern US states. 
 
Comments are welcome!




Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...