Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year










Happy New Year

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year.  Yesterday I shared photos of fireworks and today, after quite some thought, I decided on photos of sunrises.  Sunrises mark the beginning of a new day, so I decided to use images of sunrises to mark the beginning of a new year.

Today marks the beginning of the thirteenth year of my Photo of the Day.  On Christmas, a person from New York thanked me for all my "daily presents", which i thought was an interesting way of describing my daily photos.  From feedback I receive from around the world, many of you look forward to seeing the images every day. 

Since the summer of 2006, I have uploaded all "Photos of the Day" to my Blog and the page has had over 160,000 visits.  In case you are not aware, I limit my email version to 3 photos but upload more to my Blog every day.  From the statistics on my page I know that around 50 people check my Blog daily and most of them click the links from Facebook.  I encourage you to check the images on my Blog if you want to see more images on the daily topic.

A few years ago I started a Google+ account and also share my Blog photos there.  When I checked the stats on that site there have been over 1.5 million views, which I find weird since I hardly ever log in to that account.

I have 2 Facebook pages with nearly 800 followers, many of whom share photos with their Friends so more people view my photos on Facebook than on the email list, which still hovers around 750 people.
In addition, I have over 500 connections on LInkedIn, and a few followers on Twitter and I use those accounts to direct people to my Photo of the Day Blog and my web site.

A few people have stated that they admire my commitment to sharing photos and I guess they are right.  Other than when I am away on photo shoots, I don't miss many days.  Of course I do sell my photos so this is a good way to let people see them. 

When I started sharing photos back on January 1, 2003 it was with a few friends and family members.  However, through word of mouth it has continued to grow and includes people from all over the world.  For some reason it levelled out at around 750 and hasn't really grown much in recent years. But, as you can see from the numbers of people on my social media accounts well over 2000 people a day view my photos.


I am looking forward to another year of sharing my photos and do appreciate feedback.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...