Tuesday, May 07, 2013

St. Michael's





St. Michael's

St. Michael's is a small community located on the Southern Shore of the Avalon Peninsula. It is a scenic area with a view of a group of islands just offshore that is home to several species of seabirds.

The first photo, taken in 2002, shows an old shed with islands in the background and there are two views showing the same shed in 1981. I was surprised to see that it was still standing after 20 years. I also photographed a female artist making a painting of the community when I visited it in 1981. I didn't speak to her and have no idea who she is but always wondered what the final painting looked like.

You can check the 12 photos on my updated St. Michael's Gallery at: http://www.lanephotography.com/irish_loop/st_michaels/st_michaels.htm

Feel free to share this link with your friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...