Monday, October 08, 2012

Grey Jay 1










Grey Jay 1

I lived in Holyrood nearly 20 years before gray jays showed up around my home. I had seen a couple of these interesting birds near one of the lakes I hike to every year, but it was a couple of years later when they actually showed up to my bird feeders. Needless to say, they have been here all year round ever since.

In early September my wife put a pie plate with some leftovers on our deck and within minutes a family of grey jays showed up. I got my tripod and set the camera up in my doorway (around 9 feet away) and made images of them as they ate.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

1 comment:

Bills Garden Tips said...

nice photos..

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...