Thursday, June 02, 2011

Moose 1







Moose 1

Two moose have been around again for the past several days. I think it is the same two that were here a couple of weeks ago. I thought the mother would have driven the calf away, but seemed more protective of it than the last time I photographed them when she used to wander off and watch the calf from a distance. This time however, she used to get between me and the calf. A couple of times she took a couple of steps towards me but then went back to munching on the grasses and trees.

After the last sequence of moose photos several of you commented that I was living in a wildlife park and sometimes that is the way it feels around here. These moose are getting very used to humans. When they are near the road, many people stop to take pictures sometimes causing traffic to be held up. Of course, I have photographed them several times and, unlike most people who stop, take a picture, then move on, I tend to follow and observe them quietly for quite a while. Both mother and calf seem to accept my presence, though I realize they are huge, wild animals and can't be trusted.

I know many people on this list enjoy the moose photos so I am uploading extra photos of the moose to my Blog today and tomorrow.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...