Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Barcelona 3 - Spanish Village











Barcelona 3

Thanks for the positive comments regarding yesterday's photos. A few of you wondered if I was upset about the rain after flying to a different country. Of course I would rather it didn't rain that day, but since Everything's a Picture, I looked for different types of images - like those I sent yesterday. In fact, they were among my favourite of this village.

The first one today is a cropped view of the buildings across the square. (I've uploaded the original to my Blog this morning). I liked the windows, baclonies and patterns so I decided to take out the arches below.

For a guy like me who likes making photographs of doors and windows, this little village was a dream come true. The large door with balcony, columns, open window/door above and greenery was very interesting. In the Spanish Village, artisans created their art in the shops. The lady in the window was making beautiful Spanish dresses, but I liked the window with bars and a few plants. She is looking down which added mystery to the photo. I didn't know what she was doing until after I made the image. There were iron bars on many windows but I am not sure if this is a recent addition or that was the way they were built in the past.

Many buildings had interesting designs and artwork which I photographed as much as I could. I asked permission to photograph bottles of olive oil and the lady agreed to a few. Most places had "No Foto" signs in their entrances. I photographed archways in this village and everywhere else that I travelled in Europe.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.


No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...