Friday, April 08, 2011

V - Victoria






V - Victoria

Today I am sharing photos taken in Victoria, British Columbia when I visited there in 1978. One of the first things I noticed was the height of the trees there. Here in Newfoundland and Labrador, trees may grow to a height of 30-40 feet, but in BC, I have seen trees 200+ feet. The first photo shows a couple of people walking through Beaconhill Park in the city of Victoria and you can see how tall the trees are.

I looked straight up a very tall tree to make the second image. It is an interesting angle, but you don't really get the sense of how tall it really is. I was surprised to see what I thought was a variety of palm growing in Victoria. Of course, it may not be a palm at all and I can't really identify it from this image. In any event, the warmer temperatures of Western Canada have created an environment much different than here on the east coast of the country.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...