Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sunset







Sunset

This time of the year is great for photographing sunsets and sunrises here in Newfoundland and Labrador. The sun rises around 6 AM and sets around 8 PM - not too early and not too late for photography. .

I photographed this sunset on April 7 (the evening my new grandaughter was born) and am sharing a few images from that shoot. You won't see a big difference in each image because they were taken within a five minute period. However, you will see that I tried both horizontal and vertical views and experimented with the Exposure Compensation settings on my camera. As well, as the sun sinks below the horizon, the lighting on the clouds changes constantly.

If you enjoy making photos of sunsets and sunrises, I encourage you to get out and do it as often as possible. For me, it is a time of peace, quiet and beauty and I always enjoy those times.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

2 comments:

clipping path said...

excellent photography blog! you've done really nice work!

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks for the positive feedback. Feel free to share my Blog with friends. :)

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...