Friday, April 29, 2011

Point Amour Lighthouse







Point Amour Lighthouse

I've shared photos of Point Amour Lighthouse a few times since my visit in 2004 but today I have tried to choose photos that I didn't share previously. When photographing a lighthouse I shoot wide shots on my approach and departure. Then I walk around the lighthouse looking for different angles, windows, doors, and anything else that attracts my attention. I made 80 photos of the lighthouse during the 38 minutes I spent there.

Point Amour Lighthouse is the tallest lighthouse in Atlantic Canada and the second tallest in Canada so it is quite big. I used a wide angle lens for most images then switched to a 15 mm fisheye lens to make interesting views. The third photo was taken with that lens and you will notice that lines are curved by the extreme wide angle.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...