Friday, April 01, 2011

O - Outer Cove





O - Outer Cove

On February 7, I posted five photos of Outer Cove that were taken in 1982. I had a few other chosen at the time, but decided to save them for later. While looking for subjects that begin with the letter O, I remembered today's photos of Outer Cove taken that same year.

The first is a wide view showing the town as it looked in the summer of '82. I know there are many other houses there now. Last summer I took a few aerial photos from a flight that passed right over Outer Cove. If you are interested in seeing them, let me know and I'll send you a couple.

The second scene shows the harbour from the cliffs. As you can tell from the photos, the cliffs there are quite steep and high. You can see them from the beach in the next image. I stood on a rock in the middle of a small river in order to get the third photo. I remember thinking that I wanted to show the water rushing to the nearby ocean. As usual, I took more than one photo of each subject.

My wife, children and niece were enjoying the beautiful day at Outer Cove and I took their photo just as everyone looked away from the camera. I've always liked this photo.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...