Thursday, July 09, 2009

Viking Trail 5






Most of the photos of the Viking Trail that I have shared over the past 5 days have shown views of communities and landscapes. Today, I am sharing images of abstracts, which will be the last in the Viking Trail series for a while.

I liked the lines and shadows created by the siding on a shed, the combination of curved and straight lines of the boat, and the lines created by the weathered and cracked wood. The small fish drying on a stage were interesting, especially because there were so few signs of fishing. The last photo shows tree bark drying on the keel of a boat. I have never seen it before or since in my travels. I know there are people from the area on my list and I am interested in knowing what the dry bark would be used for.



No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...