Monday, July 06, 2009

Viking Trail 2





Continuing with a series of photos from the Viking Trail, I chose images from the Flower's Cove area. When I am on a photo trip I usually photograph signs so I will know where photos were taken. Unfortunately during this trip, that didn't happen so I can't identify the exact towns. If anyone knows where the photos over the next few days were taken, I would appreciate the information.

As most of you know, I photograph boats wherever I go and this trip was no different. Fishing was the main occupation of many people on the Northern Peninsula and when the cod fishery closed in the early 90s, many people left for jobs in the rest of Canada. You will notice many of the small boats in my photos are out of the water.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...