Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vegetables





Yesterday I photographed the vegetables I am growing in my yard. When our house built in 2007, we had to build a septic field that was approximately 65 feet in diameter. We can't plant trees and I didn't want to make a large lawn. As I raked the gravel, I decided to build a number of raised beds and plant vegetables. Last Fall I purchased a couple of loads of topsoil and filled several of the beds. This spring I planted vegetables which are doing well.

The first photo shows a close view of the bed of spinach, the third photo shows romaine lettuce. and the last is an image of flowers on one of my tomato plants.




1 comment:

bearkat said...

Bruce, Have been enjoying seeing all those little villages. It has also been interesting seeing your yard and veggies!! :)
Take care and thanks for your posts!!!

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...