Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ghost Town

In 2004, My son Mark and I, travelled to Labrador to photograph Battle Harbour.

We were sitting on the deck after dark enjoying the peace and quiet when I had an idea for an interesting photograph. I set up my tripod and camera and asked Mark to take my flash and walk down by the nearest old house. I used a long time exposure as he moved from place to place, firing the flash by hand.

The image was as I hoped it would be; mostly dark with three "Marks". After we arrived home I added a "ghost" to the scene. It was actually taken from a life-sized photo of fishermen splitting fish.

The first image was cropped from the second to give you a closer view. I added the third photo to show the original photo from which I made a ghost.


Feel free to check out my photos of Battle Harbour at: http://www.lanephotography.com/battle_harbour/battle_harbour_01.htm





No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...