Thursday, February 07, 2008

Fisherman

In the early 80s, a fisherman cleaning codfish on a community wharf was a common scene that people probably took for granted. I photographed the fisherman in today's images in Petty Harbour, a small fishing community located near the City of St. John's.

I tried my "painting technique" on this photo and really liked the results. In this case the painted version is more interesting than the original. Several people on this list have expressed an interest in this technique. It is relatively simple to use and takes about 2 minutes on my computer. I'll provide a more detailed explanation later.

I created several other People Art images and added a new gallery to my web site. Feel free to check it out:
http://www.lanephotography.com/painted/photo_art/people/photo_art_people.htm




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...