Thursday, July 12, 2007

Holyrood

Yesterday afternoon I hiked to one of the hills behind my house. The first photo was taken looking out towards Conception Bay. I am facing in a northerly direction and can see the town of Holyrood, the mouth of Holyrood Harbour and a good portion of Conception Bay.

The second photo was taken looking in a westerly direction. My house is the single little white dot that is located in the centre of the white circle. My walks take me through all the forest you see between my house and the hills.

One would think that I would get bored after exploring this area season after season, year after year, over the past 25 years, however, each time is enjoyable. I enjoy the feelings of peace and quiet, hearing the birds sing, seeing the occasional rabbit or moose, watching the plants go through their life cycles and, of course, the beautiful scenery.

As you could probably predict, I have photographed all of the above and have accumulated quite a collection of images of the forest and how it has changed over the years.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...