Saturday, July 28, 2007

Firweed/Bees

Photo of the Day - July 27, 2007

The fireweed patch in my yard is in full bloom, and for years I have enjoyed sitting near the flowers, watching and photographing bees as they fly from flower to flower. You will remember in mid-July I wondered if anyone else has noticed that there were fewer bees this year. (http://kbrucelane.blogspot.com/2007/07/bumble-bees.html)

I have been waiting for the fireweed to bloom because in past years there have been hundreds of bees flitting from flower to flower. I have taken photographs with two and three bees in one photo. However, this week, the most bees I could see at one time, was two!

I should point out that there could be many explanations for the reduced number of bees. I will continue to monitor the situation.




No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...